This mixed-use, residential-led development will bring more than 1,000 new homes, neighbourhood retail and commercial space to the heart of Canada Water. The eight-acre site set at the water’s edge of Canada Water is being delivered by Notting Hill Housing and Sellar Developments in a development partnership.
Placemaking and community is at the heart of the scheme, which will encompass carefully curated public spaces and thoughtful landscaping, designed to capitalise on its urban setting.
At a glance
Canada Water has been identified in the Mayor’s London Plan as an Opportunity Area; an area which has significant capacity for development. In response Southwark Council has set out a vision for the area, outlining the council’s commitment to making Canada Water a vibrant destination with high quality homes and great local facilities. Our plans address these aspirations and our development work will bring quality new homes, retail, leisure facilities and public spaces in a well-connected, prime London location.
- Architects (Phase One): MacCreanorLavington
- Contractor (Phase One): Ardmore
- Units: 1030 (across a range of tenures)
Explore the development
About Canada Water, Southwark
Phases of construction
The first phase of this multi-phase project is currently under construction and will complete in 2018. Phase One will deliver 234 new homes available for private rent from our subsidiary Folio London. Later phases will see the construction of further homes which will be available for purchase and rent, along with additional neighbourhood retail, commercial space and new public places
What's to come
The new site will include:
- A new flagship Decathlon store
- High quality retail stores, including a new neighbourhood foodstore
- Waterside restaurants and cafes
- Commercial/managed work space
- A new art-house cinema
- A new health centre
- Community sports facilities, including a tennis court
- A significant new public green space at the heart of the development.