Rathbone Market scheme developed by English Cities Fund (ECf)— a joint venture between Muse Developments, Legal and General Property and the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA). Previously known as Millennium Horizon, it is at the heart of Newham Council's vision for the regeneration of Canning Town and Custom House.
At a glance
This is a Section 106 development led by English Cities Fund (ECF) – a joint venture vehicle between Muse Developments, Legal and General and the Homes and Communities Agency. We are working together with ECF and Sisk Group.
The £180m regeneration of Rathbone Market is receiving £13.8m from the Mayor of London and the Homes and Communities Agency plus £1.5m from the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation.
Designed by award-winning CZWG Architects, a London-based practice with an international reputation for bold and imaginative architecture, the development is set to become a key destination in this essential regeneration.
- Architects: CZWG, Project Orange
- Contractors: Muse, Sisk
- Units: 652 (199 are ours - 115 Shared Ownership, 49 social rent, 35 market rent)
About Rathbone Market, Newham
Once complete the development will provide:
• A new market square for the current traders.
• Approximately 35,000 sq ft of new shops and cafes that will wrap around the ground floors of the development and border the new market square.
• A local council ‘front office’ facility
• A new library
• Local service centre and community facilities.
• Improved green spaces and landscaping, and improved links to Canning Town station.