Rathbone Market scheme developed by English Cities Fund (ECf) is a joint venture between Muse Developments, Legal and General Property and Homes England (previously known as the Homes and Communities Agency). The development plays an integral part of Newham Council's vision for the regeneration of Canning Town and Custom House.
At a glance
The entire development is the creation of 652 new homes, a market square for traders, a new library, circa 35,000sqft of shops and cafes, as well as new office for the Council. Notting Hill Housing own and manage 199 of the homes with the majority of these being affordable housing.
- Architects: CZWG, Project Orange
- Contractors: Muse, Sisk
- Units: 652 (199 –owned and managed by NHH – 115 Shared Ownership, 49 social rent, 35 market rent)
About Rathbone Market, Newham
Once complete the development will provide:
• A new market square for the current traders.
• Approximately 35,000 sq ft of new shops and cafes that will wrap around the ground floors of the development and border the new market square.
• A local council ‘front office’ facility
• A new library
• Local service centre and community facilities.
• Improved green spaces and landscaping, and improved links to Canning Town station.