Make a complaint

We always aim to provide the best possible service but we recognise that sometimes we make mistakes and things can go wrong. When this happens we will try to put things right as soon as possible. 

You can let us know where our service falls down and how we can improve it.

Our complaints process

  • Step 1 – Quick fix

    If you're unhappy with our service and you would like to make a complaint, you or someone acting on your behalf should contact your housing officer or property management officer (PMO) by phone, email or in a letter.

    Frustrations can often be settled relatively quickly between a resident and his/her housing officer or PMO without the need to go through the formal complaints process.

    We will always try to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, ideally as a 'quick fix' within one working day.

  • Step 2 – Official complaint

    If you're not a resident, or your complaint cannot be settled informally between you and your housing officer or PMO, please do one of the following:

    Please make your complaint as specific and detailed as possible. The more information you can provide about what you are unhappy with, the easier and quicker it may be to solve the problem.

    We aim to work with you to resolve your issue within 10 working days.

  • Step 3 - Review

    If you aren't satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can ask for it to be reviewed. The Review will be carried out by an internal manager and an independent reviewer. We aim to return to you with the review outcome within 15 working days.

Your questions answered

  • Who can I expect to respond?

    We do not have a central team who respond to complaints, so the team who manage your property will be asked to respond.

  • What if I'm unhappy with the outcome?

    If you've been through our complaints procedure and are still unhappy, you can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service at:

    Housing Ombudsman Service
    PO Box 152
    L33 7WQ
    E14 9GE
    0300 111 3000

    If your complaint relates to one of our financial products, please refer to:

    The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower
    E14 9SR
    020 7964 1000

    If your complaint relates to nominations or transfers from your local authority, you should refer your complaint to:

    The Local Government Ombudsman
    PO Box 4771
    CV4 0EH
    0300 061 0614

    If your complaint relates to one of our Folio (market rent) properties, you should refer your complaint to:
    The Property Ombudsman Limited
    Milford house, 43-55 Milford Street
    Salisbury, Wiltshire
    SP1 2BP
    01722 333306

  • Are there other ways for me to help improve your service?

    We offer a range of different ways for residents to get involved in influencing the way we run our services and measuring how well we are doing.

Read our complaints policy


For more information about our complaints process, contact us on 0203 815 0000 or