Notting Hill Housing has launched a shared ownership scheme aimed solely at the over-55s, helping them live independently and actively in a new home.
Cheviot Gardens, in West Norwood, is offering 18 state-of-the-art homes through Older Person Shared Ownership (OPSO), allowing eligible buyers to own a maximum 75 per cent share of the property. Unlike traditional Shared Ownership, they will not owe rent on the remaining 25 per cent.
All of the OPSO apartments are self-contained units, with nine being one-bedroom and nine two-bedroom. Each has access to outside space and is located in one building, on the corner of Knight’s Hill and Thornlaw Road.
The properties are being made available by Notting Hill Sales, the private sales division of Notting Hill Housing, and are part of a wider development of 84 apartments. The rest provide extra care housing to those who need it.
Those buying through OPSO will also be able to access the range of community and extra care facilities at Cheviot Gardens, including a pay-as-you-eat café/restaurant, communal lounge, IT suite, landscaped gardens and a therapy room.
Katie Bond, director of Notting Hill Sales, said, “Cheviot Gardens is a wonderful selection of bright, airy apartments. Choosing to buy through OPSO at Cheviot Gardens gives residents the guarantee, and peace of mind that they will get an exceptionally well-built home suitable for their needs right now and into the future.
“OPSO is an important part of the London housing market and we want to make sure that families know it is on offer. Whether it is for you, or you are looking on behalf of a family member, OPSO at Cheviot Gardens is a great opportunity for a convenient, adaptable way of life.”
The communal offering is aimed at helping to foster a sense of community within the development itself and aid interaction between all the residents from all units. OPSO residents can also choose to take part in a range of regular activities and classes such as yoga. Within the apartments, emergency pull cords can also be installed and residents can choose to buy into an additional extra-care package for added security and comfort in possible times of need.
A bustling high street, Knight’s Hill runs through West Norwood towards leafy Tulse Hill. Easy access to local amenities, facilities, community projects and transport links, makes Cheviot Gardens perfectly placed for those who are looking to downsize, modernise or simplify their lifestyle, in a fantastic area of south London.
Local shops, cafés and restaurants line the high street, with facilities like Portico Gallery providing regular events including Tea Dances, yoga classes and music sessions, within walking distance. There are also a number of local parks and open green spaces surrounding the development, including; Tivioli Park, Norwood Park and Streatham Common.
To apply for an OPSO apartment, customers should be over 55 and unable to purchase a new home suitable for their needs on the open market without some assistance. Prices for a one bedroom apartment start from £147,000 for a 40% share of the full market value of £367,500. For further details or to register interest, call 020 8357 4444 email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nottinghillhousing.org.uk.