Benefits and money advice

The Government is in the process of changing working age benefits. This section provides advice on how to deal with these changes and how to manage your money effectively. 

If you're living with us and have questions about the benefits you currently receive, we can offer advice and support.

What should I do if I'm having financial difficulties?

  • Use a benefits calculator to check you’re claiming everything you are entitled to.
  • Contact your local council. You may be able to claim a Discretionary Housing Payment or get help from the Local Welfare Assistance Scheme.
  • If you're having problems paying your rent, contact your housing officer. They can arrange a payment plan with you.

Benefits calculatorEntitled to logo

Find out which benefits you could be entitled to and how much you could claim.

Budget plannerMoney Advice Service logo

Try the Money Advice Service’s budget planner tool to see how much you are spending and where you could make savings.

Debt adviceStepChange logo

If you're worried about debt, make sure you get help. Contact StepChange for free, impartial advice. Call free on 0800 138 1111 or get advice online. 

The Citizens Advice Bureau also offers free, confidential and impartial advice on dealing with debt and budgeting. For more information, visit or call 0344 411 1444.

See more opportunities for receiving support from our resident support services partners.

Government benefit resources

You can find helpful information about government benefits on the website.