We work right across London, making our capital a more diverse and affordable place to live. We work in many different areas which take us from buying land and building new homes through to long-term successful management of thriving communities.
Our social purpose
We know that living in a safe and secure home has a big impact on wellbeing, welfare and life chances. That’s why our core social purpose is to build good quality homes for those who could not otherwise afford them, and to support residents in maintaining their tenancies or leases.
Providing a wide range of housing services across London and the south-east
Our residents are both homeowners and tenants, on a broad range of incomes. The housing we offer ranges from permanent rented housing and temporary housing for people who come to us through their local council in high need of a low-cost home, to home ownership schemes for people taking a first step onto the housing ladder. Many residents are also referred to our housing offering care and support.
Read more about the various tenancies we offer and our homes for sale.
Building more homes
We're committed to building more homes. As long as there are people on housing waiting lists in London, we will be a developer. We spot key opportunities for land and new homes, and then work closely with a variety of development partners to build them for residents. We work efficiently and use our asset base intelligently.
Reinvesting surplus for purpose
The businesses that make up the Notting Hill Genesis are empowered to be self-sufficient and run their own affairs. Making our own money gives us the freedom to be entrepreneurial so we can innovate and make improvements for our residents.
While some of our businesses make more money than others, we reinvest profits from our commercial activities and reserves to develop additional housing that meets the needs of more people in London. We all work with one common goal – to provide homes that are affordable, comfortable to live in and well-maintained.
A bright future
Above and beyond our core housing management work, we will continue to fulfil our social purpose by:
- Increasing the number of affordable homes in London
- Deriving social value from our contracts and procurement activity
- Supporting residents to continue living in their homes
- Organising volunteering activities that improve our communities
- Helping residents into employment or training
- Helping older people to lead healthier, active and independent lives through outstanding care and support services
- Ensuring new homes are built and existing homes maintained to the highest standards
- Involving residents in the governance of the organisation
- Being a great employer that offers meaningful jobs and has satisfied employees.